Amorphophallus titanum

Two questions:

First, would you expect me to have any success trying to grow A. titanum in
North Shore Long Island (zone 6 or 7) either in the ground or in a container.
I can dig up the bulb, or bring the container inside to a greenhouse for the
winter that is kept at 50 degrees.

Second, if there is any hope of growing one, where can I get it?

I tried once before when Plant Delights had some available, but it barely
grew, and turned to mush when I dug it up in October.