Re: C. picturatum type.

Dear Eduardo,

I have posted an envelope (no customs declaration on it this time, so it may
get delivered to you as a regular letter this time!) yesterday, and will
also send fresh ones from this year when they are ripe.

A question, when you have time, could you look and see if you can dig up
information on C. picturatum, I am trying to determine what the type looks
like.   It was collected in Brazil.   I have two (actually many more, it you
go by leaf shape!) that are similar, one is the one you have, the other is a
slightly larger var, darker pink markings, no separate 'spots' of any color
apart from the main pink 'Y'.   It is pictured in early Aroideanas as
collected by Tom in Venezuela, and I got it from a friend ex: Br. Guiana
(collected inland along a river) some years ago.   Tom says he`d like to
know which is the 'true' C. picturatum (the type), as I believe the one that
you have/had is the original/type.  I have seen this one from Brazil (an
illustration) Br. Guiana, Peru and Trinidad.  Tom`s I`ve seen from Br.
Guiana (my plant) and Venezuela (Tom`s plant at MOBOT).

Do this only when you have time!