Re: Amorphophallus bulbifer stories

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus bulbifer stories
  • From: "Don Bittel" <dbittel@treco.net>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:36:11 -0500 (CDT)

    I bought one of these bulbifer from Sun Bulb years ago, and noticed it
looked different from the regular ones. the stem had vertical lines and
looked more like a muelleri. back then I did not have muelleri to compare.
I can't find it now and don't know if I still have it. But muelleri has a
spotted spathe that would not be mistaken for bulbifer, so this 'sweet
bulbifer' must be something besides muelleri.

Don Bittel