List outage

As many of you noticed, the list was down for a couple of days - no fault
of our hosts. Their high-speed internet connection had problems, and it
took some time for the telephone company to find and fix the problem.

We're back up and the pending messages are coming through, but I see we're
getting more of those "empty messages". (For newcomers, they aren't really
empty, it's related to what mail program you use, and many people don't
see the problem at all. For those of us who do - including me - there is
often a way to get to the text of the message, but it's a pain.) We're
still trying to pinpoint just what causes it, and if you see a duplicate
message in the next couple of days, it'll just be me trying to repost one
of the funny ones as an experiment.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@arachne.uark.edu