Re: List outage

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Marak <samarak@arachne.uark.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Saturday, July 29, 2000 12:22 PM
Subject: List outage

Dear Steve and all friends,

I usually will be able to 'find' and read a seemingly 'blank' message by
opening the 'blank' message, then clicking on the 'reply to sender' box, and
when THIS window opens, there is the message!   LOTS of blank ones
today---do not believe it is because of the prograoms we may use, as it is
an on again, off again 'thing', VERY frustrating!!

Cheers and good luck,

Julius
ju-bo@msn.com

>Aroiders,

As many of you noticed, the list was down for a couple of days - no fault
of our hosts. Their high-speed internet connection had problems, and it
took some time for the telephone company to find and fix the problem.

We're back up and the pending messages are coming through, but I see we're
getting more of those "empty messages". (For newcomers, they aren't really
empty, it's related to what mail program you use, and many people don't
see the problem at all. For those of us who do - including me - there is
often a way to get to the text of the message, but it's a pain.) We're
still trying to pinpoint just what causes it, and if you see a duplicate
message in the next couple of days, it'll just be me trying to repost one
of the funny ones as an experiment.

Steve

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@arachne.uark.edu