Re: Typhonium violifolium -revisited

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Typhonium violifolium -revisited
  • From: "James W. Waddick" <jim-jim@swbell.net>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:30:48 -0500 (CDT)

Pete, Wilbert, Don etc;
	In looking over the earlier comments on this species, I have
a few 'experiences' to add.
	One leaf is making a small bulbil at the intersection of the
leaf blade and the petiole (ala P cordata etc), but no sign (yet) of
anything at the leaf tip.
	The single flower (so far) was given multiple sniff tests at
various times of the day/night and NO scent was ever detected -  just
me ?
	I see another inflorescence just emerging.

	Older leaves have risen themselves perhaps an inch above the
soil surface - no longer flat on the ground. We have a lot of very
untypical rain here (but may be more typical for this plant in
habitat) which may be related ???

	Remains a most curious little plant. Now up-potted and in half day sun.

	Thanks again Wilbert.		Jim W.
Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.
Kansas City Missouri 64152-2711