Re: p.s. to selloum

I think Philo. 'Xanadu' is a tissue culture mutant but I am not certain about
the origin (if hybrid or not). It may be best to just list it as Philodendron
'Xanadu', not as P. bipinnatifidum 'Xanadu'. There is surely P.
bipinnatifidum in its background. Perhaps someone else can comment on the
history of this widely distributed plant. It is rapidly becoming a favorite
cultivar in Florida landscapes along with the ubiquitous Philodendron

Donna Atwood

 Another question: the philodendron that we (Florida) have as 'Xanadu."    Is
 it a cultivar of P. bipinnatifidum hence P. bipinnatifidum 'Xanadu' or a
 hybrid (Philodendron 'Xanadu')?  I know that Philodendron 'Xanadu' is
 acceptable in either case, but I like to use the form that tells as much as