Re: hardiness of Sauromatum

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: hardiness of Sauromatum
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:31:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hardiness of tropical plants is not a very popular item among Euopean plant
lovers......... ESPECIALLY not testing it!! Typhonium venosum and giganteum
are indeed the toughest ones. My guess is that the Chinese high-altitude
clones of T. horsfieldii may also prove to be more temperate than others but
all other species I grow seem to thrive too well in a greenhouse to believe
they wanna be elsewhere.