Re: Xanthosoma maculatum

  • Subject: Re: Xanthosoma maculatum
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:35:32 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Julius and others. Here is what I think. It seems their are a few
plants that look just like Alocasia Hilo beauty. I have seen a
Schismatoglottis that looked just like it at a young age but as it got older
the leafs were longer than a Hilo beauty's. Also their does seem to be a
Xanthosoma out their that looks just like a Hilo beauty I have one under the
name COLOCASIA [XANTHOSOMA] MACULATUS.
Debbie Swarts at Deb's Touch of the Tropics
These PICS are from her site. She seems to have both plants and compares
them very well.

this is her comparing the two next to each other.
http://www.touchofthetropics.com/images/aroids/x-jacquinii_a-hilobeauty.jpg

This PIC is shows its size is larger and the lobes of the leaf look more
like a Xanthosoma. At least i think so. what do you all think?
http://www.touchofthetropics.com/images/aroids/xanth_jacquinii.jpg

A leaf of this unknown plant
http://www.touchofthetropics.com/images/aroids/xanth_jacquinii_100200.jpg