Re: Xanthosoma maculatum

  • Subject: Re: Xanthosoma maculatum
  • From: Jill Bell <godjillab@home.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:41:05 -0500 (CDT)

on 7/1/01 12:24 PM, Julius Boos at ju-bo@email.msn.com wrote:
I am glad that you brought up this plant, Julius!  I have one plant that is
called alocasia "Hilo Beauty", and I am not sure where I got it, and a plant
that looks suspiciously similar but it is too small to tell,  called
xanthosoma "Hilo Beauty" that I got from Tom Winn.  If either of them
flower, I will write you for specific instructions on proper handling of the
bloom and send it to you, (I am guessing that you are more than qualified)
to properly identify.  I am very curious and I figured that one of them was
mis-marked or that the nomenclature had changed.
Best Regards,

-- Jill Bell
Graphic Design, Web Design, Illustration and Digital Photography