"Pilgrim's Progress"

  • Subject: "Pilgrim's Progress"
  • From: Jill Bell <godjillab@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:33:25 -0500 (CDT)

To the global members of IAS - I would like to propose
some changes which are going to come as a result of
the 21st Century, and global communications and
information systems, the addition of the Eastern
Hemisphere as part of the lovers of aroids unit, and
many other things that are happening with or without
It seems that the euphemism that Ron used, the "World
Aroid Club" was received as a threat to many of you
while I understood it to be just a name for where the
IAS should be headed.  No one wants to change the NAME
of the I.A.S., just it's approach to global outreach.
The mail system by and large, has been proven to be an
expensive disappointment, though the people that are
not online will still have to rely on this as a means
for delivery, but just think if you could choose your
time to view a full color version of the Newsletter
and at your convenience choose to print it.  This is
all inexpensively within our means.
This club has actively sought out new membership and
continues to take their money.  We must give members
something of value.  For conversation only, why not
belong to Aroid-L alone?  Because there will be far
better benefits by being a member.
I firmly believe that a Plant Mart for the members,
posted in PDF form with color pictures would help
global members fill their collections with otherwise
unthought of ease.  The club should take a percentage
of these monies in my opinion, to pay for hosting this
activity, but think of the possibilities!
A rose by any other name...well, we're talking aroids
here, aren't we?  It's what we all have in common.
Why not support some of these projects for there are
people who are willing to do the work, unless you are
one of them, I see no reason to complain.
It is with the best of intentions that I write this
letter, I have NO political aspirations at all.  I
just want to be able to find rare plants if I want
them, and to converse with people as knowledgeable and
progressive as the people on this list, and I want to
My very best regards to you all,
Jill Bell