Dracontium ID

  • Subject: Dracontium ID
  • From: Albert Huntington <balberth@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:40:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Folks,

  I got a plant a few years ago from Glasshouse Works labeled Dracontium gigas.
 This plant has flowered for me this summer, and though it does in fact look
like Dracontium, the infloresence is approximately 6 inches in length, leading
me to believe that it is not gigas.

  I have posted two pictures at:

http://users.ev1.net/~balberth/drac1.jpg
http://users.ev1.net/~balberth/drac2.jpg

  They are both rather large in order to show the details.

  I would appreciate any help in correctly identifying my plant.

--Albert

=====
Albert Huntington           San Jose, CA U.S.A.
           Visit my greenhouse at:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Jungle/1436