Re: Dracontium ID

Hello Albert,

Indeed you are right, your plant is not D. gigas. It rather looks like D.
prancei which is an easy to grow and propagate (tubercules) species. The fact
that the inflorescence is produced at or very close to soil level and the bract
that covers the base of the spathe is important.

What do you think Julius ?

With best regards,

David

En réponse à Albert Huntington <balberth@yahoo.com>:

> Hello Folks,
>
>   I got a plant a few years ago from Glasshouse Works labeled Dracontium
> gigas.
>  This plant has flowered for me this summer, and though it does in fact
> look
> like Dracontium, the infloresence is approximately 6 inches in length,
> leading
> me to believe that it is not gigas.
>
>   I have posted two pictures at:
>
> http://users.ev1.net/~balberth/drac1.jpg
> http://users.ev1.net/~balberth/drac2.jpg
>
>   They are both rather large in order to show the details.
>
>   I would appreciate any help in correctly identifying my plant.
>
> --Albert
>

> =====
> Albert Huntington           San Jose, CA U.S.A.
>            Visit my greenhouse at:
> http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Jungle/1436
> Messenger
> http://phonecard.yahoo.com/