Re: wanted:caladium bicolor

  • Subject: Re: wanted:caladium bicolor
  • From: Susan Cooper <coops@execpc.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:21:14 -0500 (CDT)

How 'bout sharing some of those pictures, Jason??

  It was a good opportunity for me to expand my photographic archives of
Aroid inflorescences -- especially since her 'Candidum' produced an
aberrant inflorescence: the spathe never fully expanded, the spadix did not
extend into the upper spathe, and the male spadix was forked.  Conversely,
her other one (which cv. has green leaves, with red ribs and pink-to-red
mottling, more concentrated at the centers?) produced a perfect, flawless
inflorecence, raised above the leaves.