Re: "Pilgrim's Progress"

  • Subject: Re: "Pilgrim's Progress"
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:50:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hi StellaJ!  (Please is that the name you like to be called?)
Should not snails be more for the folks with no convenient on-line facilities, no local internet Cafes, no on-line friends, unable to afford printers?   Obviously there are people who NEED hard copy regardless & this is understandable.
Would CDRW be good for storing ALL the increasing IAS Member Resources?
I understand the resistance to going on-line, it can be addictive & if one is not careful it devours time mean't for other far more important things.  But used objectively it is a brilliant TOOL.
An incredible convenience, on-line saves time, money, patience & emails get wanted plants so quickly, whereas writing letters can take months or years.   It also enables all you good people
so eloquently praised by Geoff to do things that really are not possible without.   Please, please chaps & chappesses, get on line we can minimise snail.   The IAS workers can then divert  energies into knowing each other more positively & truly as build our formidable group more & more to represent arguably the most wonderful group of plants on this Planet.
And by the way, although I have a CD player & recorders for casual convenience, I prefer fine LPs on valve equipment, mono LPs better than many stereo, having so many noble voices on disc, but best of all I like the best pre-microphone voice records made before microphones.
Contrary to what maybe some expect, I am not a with it, should be dead mature whizz kid, (paraphrasing Oscar W.), "I have simple tastes, I just like the the best".  Old, or new, the best.  For rich rapid word, picture communication, on-line takes some beating.   PLEASE read my supplications in the News Editorial.
And thank you for the goodness, Jill & Geoff & all the counless others.
And while we are at it let's make this forum even more fun, enjoyable & positive, respecting differences & dignities.   Lets make it something we can be proud of, not just chat but fine fine debate, bearing in mind that sometimes people are overworked and tired & so don't always see the subtleties.   If something is too much too much, maybe that's not what they mean at all.   I am privileged to have many friends & d'yuh know some of 'em are even American.
Has anyone got Spathiphyllum atrovirens, S. quidiuense or S. lechlerianum?
I now have a hybrid with double "butterfly" spathes, beautiful.
And a giant with 16" spathe.
What about a PPP for exchange?  (A PLANET PLANT PLACE)
Yours as subtle as a brick,
Planet Squatter