Re: "Pilgrim's Progress"

  • Subject: Re: "Pilgrim's Progress"
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:01:16 -0500 (CDT)

Ireland is obviously a very damp place also.
There are five ten years old de-humidifiers here
so no problem with our digital & analogue
equipment but we don't need continous diurnal
ventilation.   No way could we let analogue
archive tapes get moist.  A reversed inexpensive
dehumidifier venting to the outside air?   Maybe
air conditioners are just as cheap in Oz?  Have
you tried CDRW guaranteed 50-100 ys?  I mostly
chucked little floppies long back.  In expensive
Ireland printers which would do justice to the IAS
Dialogue cost <200 Euros.  Living in the wet
tropics  first consideration would be
dehumidifiers, airconditioners & musicalmoztraps.