The law and entrapment

  • Subject: The law and entrapment
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@execpc.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:28:16 -0500 (CDT)

Aside from the issues of CITES and collecting, I always get a bit
queasy when entrapment is involved.  I'm sure a good case can be made
for cocaine smugglers,human slavers, and even flagrant violators of
endangered species laws.

Yes, we're all accountable for any violation of the law, but I've
seen more than one instance (and I can't say whether the present case
under discussion is one of them), where far too much energy was
expended in entraping one of the "little guys", while far greater
abuses continued.

Just my nickel's worth,

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin