Re: [aroid-l] Problem ariod photos posted

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Problem ariod photos posted
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:24:39 +0000

>From: Rosalind Gold <rozgold@pacbell.net>
>To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu
>Subject: [aroid-l] Problem ariod photos posted
>Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 10:58:43 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Roz,

A quick note, I looked at the pics. the philo. may have some insect damage (the yellow spots) but you will have to search for living insects or their larvae on the underside of the young leaves or even gently un-roll the extra-young emerging leaves to find the culprits.    It may also be a soil problem (too wet, not draining well) so consider this.    Concerning the Dracunculus problem, the photo did not show details, but this could also be soil-related OR symptoms of a letahl disease, 'Dasheen-leaf mosiac virus', research this on the net, basically it appears as a sometimes attractive mosiac of markings on leaves, the plant will decline over time and die.    It is highly infectious, spread by sap-sucking insects like aphids.   Discard the infected plants. Wish I could be of more help!

Good Luck,

Florida.Hi friends: