Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware.
  • From: "Jeff Rosenstiel" <jjjj4@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:57:00 -0500

Ok People,
lets stop the Ebay bad talk here, what the difference, At the aroid shows
auctions  I have been at people paid over $1000.00 for a plant, not like
anyone was holding a gun to there head,  Sure we all thought they were a
little crazy but hey.... Even at the Aroid show/sales, the vender booths,
Some are not what I would call selling for cheap, Yet some are offering real
Deals, Same on ebay, no one's making them pay that,  Yes you do have to keep
a eye out for items that are not named correctly, Thats true, But If you
know its not correct, Just don't bid. Or if you dont know what your bidding
on, You should check it out/look it up before you bid.
Hey I sell on ebay, I start items out at $9.99, If someone wants to pay some
huge amount that there choice,
You have to remember too , Not everyone lives in Florida and can find a item
down the road, For cheap, Most of the "buyers" on ebay are not from florida,
So to them it is "rare"
Or wants to wait 3 + months for a order to be filled from a nursery.
Had to say somthing, I know there are "lots" of people on this list that
sell on ebay, Yet no one else has said anything
Jeff