Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware
  • From: "Bryant, Susan L." <SLBryant@scj.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:34:01 -0500

I think that sometimes the mistakes are an honest one.  I bought a Am
paeoniifolius tuber from a well known and seemingly reputable ebay seller
who is also an IAS member.  In leaf, I'm finding it isn't paeoniifolius- in
fact it looks more like koratensis.  Not the plant I bought, but still a
nice plant!

Mitch said:  There is no substitute for a good, reliable professional
nursery, and you
are going out on a limb when you buy at auction or from any new source.

I have also bought very expensive bulbs from a good reliable professional
nursery that were dead.

And yes, thanks Jeff.  I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.  No
one is twisting anyone's arm to buy these plants.  They are worth what they
are worth to the buyer.  Gonatopus is a weed in Florida but desired
elsewhere.  Lantana is a weed in S Africa but sold in nurseries in the US.
The list goes on and on.

Still, it isn't nice to sell a titanum that is really a konjac!!
Susan