Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware.
  • From: "ron iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:58:36 +0100

I have bought almost fifty items on eBay, not plants & they have nearly all
been from wonderful honorable people.  Because eBay is "moderated" maybe
sellers & buyers have to be good to each other or they don't last long
there?   I haven't tried selling Spathiphyllum  cultivars on eBay to the EEC
(no time consuming papers necessary between the 26 Countries) .  May be a
splendid way to cut down to species only here.   Thanks!

Thought I'd send the following, a light smile to the present chain!

Q: How many subscribers to an online message board does it take to change a
light bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post the fact that the light bulb has

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

Two industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

2 to post reasons why the light bulb burning out is the result of a
government conspiracy.

4 to say "didn't we cover this a few months ago?"

43 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs"

5 to say "thank you"

1 lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all
over again

Ron X Lurker