Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium tessmanii

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium tessmanii
  • From: "Jorge Lingan" <jorge_lingan@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:03:21 +0000

Hi Joe,

As I know, Anthurium tessmanii K. Krause is now a synonim of Anthurium ernestii Engler, and belongs to Section Pachyneurium (you can find it on Croat´s publication:   Croat, T. 1991. A revision of Anthurium section Pachyneurium (Araceae). Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 78).

Here in Peru there are two varieties (is the word right?) of this species: Anthuriumernestii var ernestii and  Anthurium ernestii var oellgaardii....I don´t remember now, but I guess the third variety : Anthurium ernestii var thomasii  is only from Bolivia.

One more thing, Anthurium ernestii is a well distributed species (at least here in Peru), we can find it in almost all the departments with amazonian areas...and I think it grows in Ecuador and Bolivia too.

I hope this short information helps you.

Jorge Santiago Lingán Chávez
Dpto. de Gimnospermas y Monocotiledoneas
Museo de Historia Natural - UNMSM >From: Wrig14@aol.com >Reply-To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu >To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu >Subject: [aroid-l] Anthurium tessmanii >Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:50:35 EDT > >Can anyone comment on this anthurium? I am interested in it's section and >any site where I can view it. I researched the IAS file but did not find it >listed. Any comments will be apprecxiated Joe Wright

Consigue aquí las mejores y mas recientes ofertas de trabajo en América Latina y USA: Haz clic aquí...