Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware. P. pinnatifidum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware. P. pinnatifidum
  • From: "Tropicals" <Tropicals@SolutionsAnalysis.net>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:10:38 -0400

If ever you see we have a plant auctioned or in our eNursery that is
improperly labeled, PLEASE let us know.  We especially expect support from
the aroid-l group.  We strive to learn daily and this 32 year passion for
aroids was primarily to enjoy them by providing the best growing environment
possible.  That was the best return I cared about, their not finding
themselves in a state of permanent dormancy.  Seriously, we are just as
prone to make a mistake as the next person at our level of familiarity.  It
happens out of ignorance, the original label was wrong, I lost the label and
my memory is mushy these days or it has been labeled differently since the
reference books we use were printed (A.B.Graf).   I had the pleasure of
meeting another individual in this forum today; when they departed I
realized how very much more there is to learn about aroids and am certainly
motivated to do so.

The point is simple, please correct us if we make an error; we respect
knowledge, especially if it is accurate!  We were not blessed with the
credentials most of you hold in this forum but we did earn a right to learn
from you.

Thanks, now on to another subject.  We have a couple of young P.
pinnatifidum that have each lost a few leaves in the last couple of weeks.
They turn to mush, just as if they had been through a frost.  Their
environment has not changed, watering schedule / sun, etc. no chemicals
applied; it just happened out of the blue.  Constructive advice would be

Your AlterNative Solutions Team
Direct to Tropical / Desert Nursery