Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum
  • From: Neil Crafter golfstra@senet.com.au
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:49:49 +0930

Russ and Eduardo
I have both these plants - the 'new' P stenolobum and the 'old' P. williamsii. Like you Russ, I think that just by looking at them that they are different species. Old williamsii's leaves are longer, narrower and much stiffer and I suspect the petioles are typically longer too. Eduardo, you are saying that the plant considered by most people to be P. williamsii is not the true williamsii as this has a broader leaf like speciosum. Then what is the 'old' P. williamsii then? Is it a sub-species of stenolobum or something without a name that needs to be described? Look forward to shedding more light on this.
cheers
Neil

Neil Crafter
Philodendron enthusiast