Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Sauromatum guttatum culture

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Sauromatum guttatum culture
  • From: "W. George Schmid" hostahill@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 10:00:46 -0400

What are your min/max temperatures during the growth cycle? - are the pots
outdoors or in a greenhouse?
Here they grow and bloom like weeds, but it is hot in summer 80-95 deg. F.
days 75-80 deg F nights.
It might be low temps or a short season.
BTW, Sauromatum venosum has been reclassified. It is now Typhonium venosum
(Dryand. ex Aiton) Hett. & P.C. Boyce.

W. George Schmid
Hosta Hill - Tucker Georgia USA
Zone 7a - 1188 feet AMSL