[Aroid-l] Hardy Sauromatum?

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Hardy Sauromatum?
  • From: Floral Architecture john@floralarchitecture.com
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

I was given a Sauromatum by a friend in Columbus, OH that is fully hardy on Canton, OH (z5b). It blooms every year, sets seeds and pups religiously. Can anyone tell me what it is?

The leaf is large, about 3' tall and it really spirals from the center to the edges. I don't know if it has reseeded itself as I am only there a couple weeks at a time. I have thought about harvesting the seeds but I haven't.

I have some of the same plant here in L.A., CA but it has only produced one flower and that was when I was in OH so I missed it.

John Ingram in L.A., CA.
www.floralarchitecture.com "Your Clivia Connection"
310.709.1613 (cell, west coast time, please call accordingly. Thank you)
Aroid-l mailing list