[Aroid-l] Meconostigma pics and P. bipinnatifidum info

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Meconostigma pics and P. bipinnatifidum info
  • From: a san juan kalim1998@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:18:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all:

I am wondering whether some people can help.

I am in the process of compiling good pics of the tree
Philodendrons (Philodendron subgenus Meconostigma),
and especially unusual pics and pics of P.
selloum/bipinnatifidum cultivated around the world,
for the website:

If you have any such high-res pics that I can post
that would be great. All copyrights would remain with
you, a copyright notice would be included, and a link
back to your site can be added.

I was surprised to find that P. bipinnatifidum is now
cultivated around the world (even in Japan, Philppines
and Taiwan!) and would love to get pics of these or at
least have a listing of where they are cultivated
beyond the Americas.

Does anyone know the history of how this species
(complex of species) was spread? Who are the main
suppliers? When was it first cultivated beyond Brazil?
Is there a resource to find this out?

You can email me at kalim1998 (at) yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Aroid-l mailing list