[Aroid-l] Growing Alocasia-help to keep the from rotting

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Growing Alocasia-help to keep the from rotting
  • From: hcward416@comcast.net
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 13:08:54 -0500

I have just become very interested in growing Alocasia. Live in zone 8a so must winter in gh. Having trouble with them rotting at soil level.I grow a large number of different Xanthosoma and Colocasia and have no trouble with them.  Need advice on appropriate soil and growing methods of the Alocasia.  The growing mix I use has a lot of peat, little sand, and small amount of bark. I tried adding a lot of perlite and sand to the mix. Do I need to have a fungicide spraying program with them. If so, what is the best fungicide to use.
Thank you,
Aroid-l mailing list