RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium hueglii?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium hueglii?
  • From: "Denis Rotolante" denis@skg.com
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:56:37 -0400

Title: RE: [Aroid-l] Anthurium hueglii?

Julius:

You can find it under "Anthurium huegelii" in Tropicos on line. it appears to be synonymous with A. hookerii.

I've seen the name referenced in a book recently published by an older landscape Archetect in which he listed all his favorite landscaping plants for South Florida....I think he used it as others still do use the name "Anth. Hookerii"  as a catch all name for all the large bird's nest types (mostly pachyneurims types) which work so well in the South Florida landscape. As we know very few any of what is advertised in the trade as A. hookerii is rarely hookeri, but one of the various Pachyneurium species such as A. cubense or A. schlechtendalii.

Denis