RE: [Aroid-l] Audience?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Audience?
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:15:06 +0200

Tony,

The Arisaema "Icing-on-the-Cake" presentation will cover travels by Pascal
Bruggeman to Sikkim, Southern India and Sri Lanka. Beside Pascal's wonderful
pictures it will show how difficult species-delimitation in this genus can
be. Species that are easily separated based on material in cultivation,
often integrade entirely in the field, leading to the notion that we have
too many names in Arisaema. Also we will show a number of very rare S.
Indian species, which were rediscovered by Pascal after many decades of
being seemingly extinct. Quite exciting indeed!!

Cheerio,
Wilbert