[Aroid-l] eBay photos without permission

If you see someone using a photo OR even an image of your property  without permission you can contact Ebay directly ,thou it may take a few tries , they will take down the auction & the sellers will lose the listing fee’s  as they(Ebay) are legally responsible also & would be a co-defendant in any legal proceedings . this is a new policy at Ebay that was started a few months ago. As it was becoming a big problem with the bromeliad people who run their huge database with photo’s of their plants .. Ebay has also figured out that it is also a Money Maker for them as they keep the sellers listing fee’s when an auction is taken down ,as they used to let the item be relisted at No Cost after a seller removed the offending photo’s  …. Mike

Steve has said This >>>>>>>>>

From time to time people do ask if they can use one of my photos.  I almost always say yes.  And from time to time I find my photos on eBay without anyone asking for permission.  I send a gentle scolding note to the user asking for credit.  That usually ends it!

Aroid-L mailing list