Re: [Aroid-l] people on eBay using photos without permission

Correct, and absoutely no problem with me.
Steve Lucas
----- Original Message -----
To: aroid-l
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] people on eBay using photos without permission

Generally it is acceptable to say " to see other images of this plant go
to XXXX's site and see image xxx" - directing someone to someone else's
page is not a form of plagiarism.

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College, Lyman Conservatory, College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness.
~ Kahlil Gibran

>>> Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com> 7/2/2007 1:20 PM >>>
I think we all agree that using someone¹s photos is wrong and most
illegal, even if legal proceedings are impractical.

However, what if someone merely posts a link to your site, as in: ³A
of this plant may be found at http://www.basilsplantpage.com²
What if the site is a commercial with an on-ling catalog?

I have never done this, but have wondered if it would be viewed the
same as
simply taking a photo and publishing it without permission
or attribution.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Aroid-L mailing list