From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com
[mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Brian Williams
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 4:54 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: [Aroid-l] Philodendron?? maybe Heteropsis

Well I have had this in my collection for a few years. It is a very odd
aroid and I have had to experts look at it both telling me philodendron
unknow species. I did get a two species names for it and I have the
names on a sheet of paper I cannot seem to find. Now I don't usually
question the experts but after looking through aroideana Vol 9  I found
this picture of a plant listed as Heteropsis melinonii which looks
almost exactly like this plant. Something about it tells just seems
different than any other philo I have grown hard to explain but if you
grow enough you seem to notice the differences. I am wondering if this
is a philo and if so how to tell it from the Heteropsis? This group
Heteropsis if similar to this species seems like a extremely interesting

group to grow.

Aroid-L mailing list