[Aroid-l] Callopsis die-back

Dear aroiders,

I was wondering whether anyone else had had this same problem: a
plant I had of Callopsis volkensii for some years (originally
purchased from Dewey Fisk) grew wonderfully, putting out bigger and
better leaves each year plus loads of flowers, but slowly over the
last year or so has steadily declined with more and more leaves dying
back. Nothing I did seemed to help, even my 'cure-all' solution of
potting up in pure Sphagnum moss has not helped and It is now
essentially dead......

It was one of my favourite miniature plants and was very beautiful in
flower. I suspect some fungus disease (the leaves turned very thin
and soft and collapsed back from the tips) but am not sure. I tried a
fungicide but I suspect I was too late. It was grown in a warm indoor
mini greenhouse along with lots of other smaller aroids which are all
very healthy.

If anyone has any thoughts or solutions  I would be grateful and if
anyone has an offset or tuber to spare/sell of Callopsis I will be
ecstatic!

Many thanks,
Geoffrey Kibby
London