Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium on Aroideana

Thanks Brian.  Did you ever hear why they may have lost the specimen?  As Jay said in his note, the group appears to not be well defined and identified.  Ecuagenera has quite a few different plants on their website identified as one or the other of these species.  That is partially why I am curious about learning more about the A. angamarcanum/marmoratum complex.  Dr. Croat has indicated to several of us he feels they are the same.  However, Ron Kaufmann has reason to believe at least one of his specimens is quite different.  Either there are a bunch of variations within the species or a bunch of unidentified plants.

Steve Lucas

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:08 PM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Anthurium on Aroideana

Ahh this is a beautiful Anthurium. I remember lusting after it years
ago. I tracked it down that Dorothy donated the plant to a botanical
garden in California possibly the huntington botanical garden and that
it soon died in their care. The track just ended their I am not sure if
she gave pieces to anyone or if she kept any for herself. It was thought
it could be mormoratum or costatum. I have never seen either this large
though.

First photo is momoratum second costatum