[Aroid-l] Anthurium on Aroideana

Right on!  This may be a form of, or closely related to, Dorothy's unusual Anthurium.  If you check the Ecuagenera website you'll find photos of several that are very similar.  As I understand notes from Dr. Croat, these are either variations of Anthurium marmoratum Sodiro which may well be the same as Anthurium angamarcanum Sodiro.  Hopefully Tom will enlighten us more on this.  In the meantime, Tom and Ron Kaufmann will soon have a discussion regarding the specimen Ron is currently growing in an attempt to determine if his is a unique species.
Thanks for the photo!
Steve Lucas

Hi all,

Attached is a photograph I took a few years ago of a plant labelled
A. marmoratum in a botanical gardens in Stockholm, Sweden, it was an
astoundingly beautiful plant and the leaves from memory were about 3
feet long. It was in flower as can be seen at the left. I always
thought it was the equal if not even better than A. waroqueanum.

Geoffrey Kibby

Aroid-L mailing list