Re: [Aroid-l] Amydrium or Rhaphidophora

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
> Gesendet: 21.07.07 22:01:20
> An: "Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
> Betreff: Re: [Aroid-l] Amydrium or Rhaphidophora

Hallo Christopher Rogers,
ThankŽs  for your contribution to the theme. I also want to thank Peter for his helpful advice.
To all the aroiders IŽd like to start a further discussion about distinguishing beetween Monstera/Epipremnum/Pothos/
Raphidophorum/Amydrium and other very similar genera, so far that the origin of the single species is not known.
I have, gathered, from different collections in Europe, a wide variety of lookalikes and would appreciate any help in identification. The Aroid Identification Center of course is a valuable help, but sometimes I get no results (eg. my Id request of an Anthurium, where even TomŽs identification is still not satisfactory) or at least not to helpful.

Regarding Monstera, Raphidophorum & Co, can anybody recommend any helpful literatur (additional to the renowned books
of Bogner, Mayo, Boyce; Deni Bown; Tom Croat or widespread articles in Aoideana)?
Can anybody name a specialized expert on these genera?
I can take picts of my "aliens" and would like to put them in the net, while I do the same in Aroid-ID.

Best regards
Helmut