Re: [Aroid-l] Yellow points/mites

From : 	Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
Sent : 	Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:16 PM
To : 	Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	Re: [Aroid-l] Yellow points on Amorphophallus albus

Dear Friends,

With close to two thousand species of spider mites listed to choose from
(check wikipedia), and Jakub presumably growing his Amorphophallus albus on
another Continent, just maybe he DOES in fact have one species that just
LOVES his A. albus??   The symptoms of their attacks certainly are right
there in his photos!
Jakub, take a look  BELOW the leaves with a STRONG magnifying  glass and
keep us informed??
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck---etc. etc etc.

Julius

>>The little spots from spider mite damage look different than that. Those
spots aren't from spider mites, in my opinion.
Further, I have had a serious spider mite infestation on Typhonium
venosum immediately next to my sales stock of Amorph. albus. No damage
at all to the albus even when significant webbing on Typhoniums. In my
greenhouse the spider mites just don't ever bother the Amorphophalli.

-Ken<<