Re: Chaos in Monstera names

  • Subject: Re: Chaos in Monstera names
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:56:59 +0000

> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 12:06:35 -0700
> From: lbmkjm@yahoo.com
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Chaos in Monstera names

Dear Leland and Aroid Friends,

Aloha.
Though I have not seen the photo as yet, this smaller selection/clone of Monstera deliciosa ''ties in'' to my memory of the discussion we had on this forum some time ago.   I believe Tom had said something along the lines that the large form of M. deliciosa were ALL from a single or a very few collections, as it (the larger variety/species was rare in the wild, but a simular or the SAME species, but in a smaller form was much more common in dry areas of Mexico?   The large var./form was a selection (I suspect) based on the edibility of its larger fruit?
I hope this helps.

Aloha.

Julius