Re: Philodendron stenolobum/williamsii web pages

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron stenolobum/williamsii web pages
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 18:44:02 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Steve and the Meconostigma squad,

In southern Bahia, I visited an area south of Ilheus and Salvador that had a Meconostigma similar to Philodendron williamsii and Philodendron stenolobum...but at the time, I did not know enough about Meconostigma to comment on much.  We also saw a strange epiphytic Philodendron subgenus Philodendron that I thought was different...it looked like a large Philodendron insigne, but did not form a rosette habit...it also was not Philodendron linnae...being much larger.

This forest was quite beautiful and intact...being a constantly wet, not semi-deciduous type of forest.  This southern Bahia and northern Espirito Santo forest ecotype has affinities to the Amazonian flora.  I may have mentioned this to you earlier.