Intra-what--Structures on Mecon. Philo.'s rhizome

  • Subject: Intra-what--Structures on Mecon. Philo.'s rhizome
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:07:44 +0000

> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:22:00 +0000
> From: bonaventure@optonline.net
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] My Story: How I Became a Meconostigma Nut

Dear Bonaventure,

They very important structures in the determination of species in the Philodendron group Meconostigma, and are correctly named "intravaginal squamules".   [See pg. 172  "E" of the aroid ''bible'', "The Genera of araceae".]
But come to think of it, they do sound like some sort of particulalry unpleasant medical affliction that one sometimes wishes a particularly annoying co-worker might aquire.

Aroid-L mailing list