Re: strange behavior of Dracunculus vulgaris

  • Subject: Re: strange behavior of Dracunculus vulgaris
  • From: Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:32:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Marek,

What zone are you?  I am in zone 7B and have had mine in the ground for over 25 years.  Our coldest winters during that time were 2 degrees Farenheit, but usually it is only in the twenties some of the time and thirties most of the time.  It gets colder than that in their native lands.  Mine are planted about 6" deep in well-drained soil.

Sheldon Hatheway
Canby OR USA