From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of STARSELL@aol.com
Sent: 05 July 2009 10:07
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasias

Dear Peter,

I use a commercial mycrorrhizal fungi for some things when

I pot them.  I don't think I have used it on the alocasias.

Would it be a good idea to sprinkle a little of it into the

leaf litter?

What I have done since your advice via email is that I have taken

the two species and put each into a pot that is almost half filled

with sandy-loam, laid the tubers onto that and just pressed them

to get good contact, then I scooped from an area where I let

leaves from last fall and even before accumulate.  They are pieces

of leaves, all maybe 1/2 inch or so.

I filled the remainder of the pot with these and wet the leaves.

They seem to stay moist rather well.

I am considering inoculating all of my alocasias with the mycrorrhizea

now.  Almost everything that got re-potted this spring got it.

Thank you so much!  This is some of the best, most usable advice

I have ever had.