Does anyone know this Philodendron?

  • Subject: Does anyone know this Philodendron?
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:44:56 -0500

I've had this Philo for at least three years, likely more, and have no idea what it might be or where it originated.  I've taken the plant to Dr. Croat in St. Louis and he appears to believe it is fully grown but has no idea what it might be.  I've also sent these photos to several aroid botanists with no results.   Both the blades and the pot in the photo are approximately 15 cm (6 inches) and the entire plant is small.  I grow it in moderately bright light but have never seen an inflorescence.  I've included photos of both the adaxial and abaxial blade surfaces (upper and lower), the petioles and stem.  If any of you grow it or know where it originated I would appreciate the info.

Steve Lucas

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image