Re: Does anyone know this Philodendron?

  • Subject: Re: Does anyone know this Philodendron?
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:26:42 -0500

I have several Philodendron martianum which is often called Philodendron cannifolium and the characteristics are not a good match.  I wrote a very detailed page which is on the site about a year ago with both Brazilian botanist Marcus Nadruz' and Leland Miyano's help on how P. martianum came to be called P. cannifolium.  Interesting story but technically there is no such plant as Philodendron cannifolium.  http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Philodendron%20martianum%20pc.html

I'm now checking out Pete's suggestions!  Thanks for the input.

Steve