Re: Nancy Aroid Conference

  • Subject: Re: Nancy Aroid Conference
  • From: Albert M Huntington <amh@ieee.org>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

  Thanks for your corrections & thoughts on the pictures in the gallery.  I did promise a lot of typos/etc, did I not?

  I have also made available most of the presentations from the conference in PDF format, with the permission of the authors.

  The url is http://www.aroid.org/conference09/

  Although the index ( with pictures of presenters ) is available to anyone, only IAS members can view the slides using the same username and password as for the newsletter and other members pages ( see your last newsletter e-mail ).  Conference attendees should also receive an e-mail from the organizers at some point with a working username and password.

  Of particular interest to all aroiders not present at the conference would be an excellent ( and long ) history of the IAS and conferences by Tom Croat, Wilbert Hetterscheid's talk on Amorphophallus, and many presentations from botanical gardens on Aroid horticulture.

  If you are not a member of the IAS and would like to join in order to access this content and much more, please consider joining online at http://www.aroid.org/society/joinias.php

  If you ARE a current IAS member and need the latest username and password, were at the conference and would like access in advance of the general e-mail, or have corrections, please contact me privately at huntington@aroid.org