Re: Nancy Aroid Conference

Albert, thanks a bunch for this link!  I've corresponded with a bunch of these folks but it is very nice to be able to put a face with the communications.  Pete Boyce and I traded quite a few emails last night and seeing his face for the first time was great!  One day maybe I'll be able to make the trip to the forum myself!

Steve Lucas

Albert M Huntington wrote:

  Thanks for your corrections & thoughts on the pictures in the gallery.  I did promise a lot of typos/etc, did I not?

  I have also made available most of the presentations from the conference in PDF format, with the permission of the authors.

  The url is http://www.aroid.org/conference09/

  Although the index ( with pictures of presenters ) is available to anyone, only IAS members can view the slides using the same username and password as for the newsletter and other members pages ( see your last newsletter e-mail ).  Conference attendees should also receive an e-mail from the organizers at some point with a working username and password.

  Of particular interest to all aroiders not present at the conference would be an excellent ( and long ) history of the IAS and conferences by Tom Croat, Wilbert Hetterscheid's talk on Amorphophallus, and many presentations from botanical gardens on Aroid horticulture.

  If you are not a member of the IAS and would like to join in order to access this content and much more, please consider joining online at http://www.aroid.org/society/joinias.php

  If you ARE a current IAS member and need the latest username and password, were at the conference and would like access in advance of the general e-mail, or have corrections, please contact me privately at huntington@aroid.org

fn:Steve  Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list