Does anyone know this Philodendron?

  • Subject: Does anyone know this Philodendron?
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:42:19 -0500

Pete, I just wanted to thank you again for pointing me towards Philodendron pusillum as per my request on Aroid l for an ID on the species.  Eduardo helped a great deal and I've created a brief page on the plant.  The tag is long lost and I'm not even certain where it came from but it does appear to be rare in collections according to Eduardo's material.  I've tried to include photos that match to his and Josef's description but if you see anything wrong please do point it out.  I've also sent Eduardo the link so he can tell me if he sees anything wrong.

I know I often get long winded in my own zeal to learn and scare people away from reading my pages so I've intentionally kept this one brief.  These pages are really just my personal notes to myself and I use them to remind myself of what I've been taught by guys like you, Eduardo,Tom and others.  So thanks again for your help.

If anyone on this forum has managed to see an inflorescence on this specimen and have a photo I'd love to be able to use it, especially if you know what the fruit color is.  That info was not included in the description and I'm not certain if it is known.

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Philodendron%20pusillum%20pc.html

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com

Peter Boyce wrote:

Steve,

My mind turns towards P. pusillum or P. humile....

Pete