Re: more on Amorphophallus

  • Subject: Re: more on Amorphophallus
  • From: "Weaver, Bill" <bill.weaver@hp.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:44:59 +0000

In my limited experience, the flower takes a good week and a half to two weeks to fully wither.
After that the whole thing doesn't so much abscise as slough off. As there is so much moisture in
it that it never truly dries to the point where it can break off as a unit. Though parts of it
can be removed and dried separately a la herbarium specimens. (I still have the spathe from
Trudy's first bloom in my kitchen)