Re: Cultivation of Dracunculus vulgaris

  • Subject: Re: Cultivation of Dracunculus vulgaris
  • From: "Marlena" <electrocrypt@shaw.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 12:22:36 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Hi David...I live in Vancouver BC and have a good stand of Dracunculus that starts pushing up from the winter dormant tubers in late spring...( late April early May) ...and reaches open flower stage in last half of June to early July
They are growing in a fairly shaded area on the North side of the house. The ground they are in is ordinary poor soil really...a mixture of loam,clay and general  dead plant remains and  decomposed old etc. (not augmented in any way) but they seem just fine. I don't fuss with them at all. They just do their thing.